Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pain and Pancake Love

Holy hell, I’ve been trying to get this post posted for two days now, but things keep interrupting it. Which is exactly how I feel about the competition.

I am nine days out. I can count it on my hands. And I am so not mentally present as I have a lot on my mind before Oct. 8 … including an exam next Friday.

I haven’t been as focused as I should be when I am working out. My diet is a fading bit as things are taking the place of regular eating times. I’ve also had a few things to be stressed about and sometimes when that happens I tend not to be hungry and therefore tend not to eat or I tend to crave.

I also am just plain tired. Last week I hurt my left shoulder. And yesterday midway through my workout, I got up from my first rep of laying triceps extensions and I felt a pull in my upper back. I figured I’d just stretch really well after the work out, but when I finished the pulling was constant and so painful I could barely move my upper body. When the hubs got home I made asked him to massage it and perform cupping on it. It was THE most painful thing I have felt in a long time.

In the past, I couldn’t understand why athletes couldn’t play a game or compete due to a pulled muscle. They get paid enough, stop whining and get out there. But as of last night, I totally get it. Until my morning dose of Aleve, I couldn’t turn my head to the right with out excruciating pain.

I just got my last week prep from my trainer. Lots involved. I’ll have to write a new post about that in a few days. For now I will leave you with my pups.

Morgan and Martini

Every morning I share some of my pancake with my pups. They both sit patiently watching me eat, Morgan usually drooling. I don’t know why, but the pancake is up there with sausage in the pup-pup eyes/tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment