Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stressing Out and Breaking Down

The weeks are FLYING by.

Some updates:

First, my teeny bikinis arrived Sunday. I ordered two to try on. They both showed up together in a box smaller than a VHS tape (remember those). I nearly died trying on the suits. How am I supposed to be on stage in one of these?

Teeny-tiny packages!

I took photos in them, and luckily I didn’t look half bad.

I returned the suits and purchased a custom ordered one (another panic moment … you mean I can’t return something?!) I’m excited to get it.

I also had my first bikini competition dream. I forgot to tan and I forgot hair and makeup and I ate bread right before I was supposed to go on stage! I woke up in a panic.

Luckily it was just a dream, and I am determined to get a lot of things I will need for the competition in the next week or so. Especially since I found out I have a final the morning before the competition. So rather than relaxing on Thursday and Friday, I will be a bit stressed (not good for the belly!)

In other news: my weigh number hasn’t changed (though I like to believe the fat has turned to muscle), and my numbers are barely changing, though I lost an inch from my waist, a bit from my hips and from my chest (… that isn’t so happy).

However …. I fit into my white jeans! I bought these jeans last year when I moved to Miami (what is living in MIA without white jeans?!). They were a bit tight, but on sale and I figured I’d drop the weight, especially since I was planning on working out really hard before my wedding last year.

But the weeks (and months) leading to the wedding were stressful and no weight was lost. My mom was visiting during that time and I put them on and she gave me the once over. She politely told me they were too tight, which she is never critical of my weight, so I knew it was bad.

I was inspired by Jordan and decided to try them on. And they fit! With some room! I was going to wear them to clinic, but we have the edge of Hurricane Irene slamming us with rain, so they will have to wait for another day.

Okay, back to training. My coach wants me to still build muscle.

You go girl, lifting that 2 lb weight.

While the last four weeks involved a lot of plyo-metrics, these next four she has me lifting with drop sets (or breakdown sets)… which are my favorite because it just makes sense.

If you don’t know what it is, you lift high and after the first two sets, you drop a weight. Then the last set a drop another. For example, say I do bicep curls with 20 lb. dumbbells. I do two sets with the 20 lbs. Set three I drop down to 15 lb. and set four I drop to 12 lbs.

Because of this, my workouts are actually shorter, but that gives me the opportunity to really push. Drop sets are great for building muscle. It makes the muscles wake up and say, “Holy crap!”

Food-wise, my coach cut all carbs minus my protein pancake in the morning. I immediately dropped bloat. … So maybe I have a intolerance.

Interestingly, I am blood type O, which tend to be the meat eaters. As a vegetarian (minus the fish, eggs and limited dairy), any carbs I eat tend to be starchy veggies. But O types should avoid grains and rather emphasize high protein foods, especially deep ocean fish. So maybe this eating for your blood type thing is on to something …

Saturday is six weeks out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment